Monday, March 28, 2011

Making pasta from scratch:

So very yum scrum:
Preparing the dried porcini mushrooms for the pasta mix. (I wouldn't bother with this next time.)
My first ever batch of pasta dough:
Rollin', rollin', rollin'
The dough didn't want to go through the cutters beyond what is shown here, so I ended up cutting the rest by hand.
Drying - this shot was taken before the 'pasta disaster' where a lot of it got stuck and ended up on the floor.

The hazelnut pesto was very tasty indeed:

All in all, I voted the pasta experience a success and will be getting the roller out again soon. I will however learn from my rookie mistake of putting all the pasta sheets on top of each other - this lead to sticking and some rather chunky pieces. Never mind - we live and learn. :-)

No comments: