Saturday, March 12, 2011

Knitting: The Big Bad Purple Baby Blanket
(From Stitch 'N Bitch: A Knitter's Handbook by Debbie Stoller. Pattern "Big Bad Baby Blanket", page 187.)



This project took months and months, and I think it ended up being much bigger than the pattern intended - the sunglasses in the first picture give an idea of scale. It would comfortably cover a grown child, not just a baby (thanks to my using a different type of yarn than the pattern specified, and obviously not getting the conversion quite right). But, given that it was knitted for a dear friend living in chilly London, I think having a big thick blanket that can be doubled over will be just fine for Bubs.

The Bubs in question is due to arrive in less than a week, so fingers crossed the blanket gets there in time. (I was knitting it right up till the eleventh hour - curse you Summer heat for getting in the way of productive knitting.)


1 comment:

Corsair said...

Ooh, that's lovely! It looks so simple but the detail shot makes me think that may not be so. I'm sure Mama and Bubs will love it.